Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot create another shared photo stream - 50 shared photo stream limit?

Hi - I'm getting this error message when trying to create a new photo stream in Aperture:

User uploaded file

I've deleted a few photo streams and I'm still getting the error.

Also, when I look at the Photo Stream Limits Apple posted I don't see any mention of this limitation. What am I missing?

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 2:58 PM

7 replies

Sep 16, 2013 4:29 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

I can confirm the problem: The same message, as soon as I try to add stream no. 51.

But for me it works to delete one of the streams. I could replace it by a new stream without problems.

User uploaded file

I tried this with MacOS X 10.8.4 and 10.8.5, Aperture 3.4.5.

The limit seems to be 50 streams.

I've deleted a few photo streams and I'm still getting the error.

Have you waited for the deletion to be synced with iCloud? Or you may have hit another limit. For me the replacing of Photo streams is working well, but the limit of 50 streams is disappointing. 😟

Sep 17, 2013 5:05 AM in response to borderless

A number of other people have confirmed this change in behavior so it is not just something the two of you are seeing on your systems. Unfortunately no one from Apple has responded or made any comment on this.

So I guess everyone will have to change their workflow to accommodate this now as it appears permanent. I suggest sending feedback to Apple both complaining about how this was put in place with no announcement and asking for them to go back to the old limit. See Aperture->Provide Aperture Feedback.

Cannot create another shared photo stream - 50 shared photo stream limit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.