Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to buy a Verizon iPhone 5S on Friday WITHOUT using my upgrade. Please advise.

Hi all,

I have gotten different answers from different Apple employees so I turn to you. I am looking to get a 5S Friday (I know, unlikely). I am eligible for an upgrade with my Verizon account however I have an unlimited plan and have no interest in losing it by using my upgrade. I have an apple gift card and intend to pay retail price ($750 for the 32GB). I have been unable to use the web portal to "fake" buy a 5 without it always using the upgrade and paying the contract $200 price. Is there a way to pay retail for a Verizon iPhone online? Is my only option to go to the apple B&M to get one at retail? Is there another way? Please advise. Cheers!

iPhone 5S

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 5:58 PM

You should be able to do it on the Verizon site on Friday. If not, you can buy one either at the Apple Store or the Verizon Store. At a guess, the Verizon Store will have shorter lines. The most popular model is generally the 16 gig so you have a reasonably good chance of getting a phone.

6 replies

How to buy a Verizon iPhone 5S on Friday WITHOUT using my upgrade. Please advise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.