Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to restore contacts but are unable from an export???

Hi yall,

I have 4 devices connected to my iCloud and on one of them as I am preparing to sell the device I was clenaing up my private data. Although I had removed my iTunes user connected with my login, iCloud ended up removing all my contacts as I removed them from the device I was selling.

Luckily I had my new MACbook air that wasnt connected to a network so I could export my contacts properly through contacts, file, export. So I have all the contacts.

HOWEVER, this is why I am posing the HELP me note. However, when I import the contacts on my new MAC even though it is authorized, in less then 5 seconds after I import they disapear again.

HELP??????

Cheers

L

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 4:45 AM

4 replies

Sep 16, 2013 5:26 AM in response to Axeman1020

Thank you. Yes you are correct, it was deleted from my iCloud. However, repeating the above. Logging out and importing it asks me to log into my iCloud account. When I do it deletes all teh contacts. If I log in back first and then import it still deletes my contacts.

In fact, if I remove iClouds and remove iClouds use in my Contacts. Then log out and then restart my computer, then I check I am still without iCloud before I proceed. Which I am. I then import my file after starting contacts (file attribute abbu). The contacts are imported and nicely see them in Contacts for 5 seconds and then they disapear.

When I look at prefernces in Contacts it has now added iClouds back and I am logged into the iClouds using my iTunes ID.

HELP?

Cheers

L

I need to restore contacts but are unable from an export???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.