Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How fast will iPhone 5s sell out from Apple Stores?

Ok I know this is impossible to answer but I was just wondering compared to previous years how fast iPhones have sold out. I may not be able to get to an Apple Store untill Sunday, 2 days after the release date. Do you think that the iPhone 5s will be sold out by then?

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 5:25 AM

4 replies

Sep 16, 2013 5:44 AM in response to iLindz

As you said, impossible to answer.

Nobody here knows how many iPhone 5s Apple has to sell, how many of each model are allocated to each store, which store you intend to visit, which model you want, how many other people will want to buy the same phone at that same store, and how quickly the store staff can sell them.

My purely uneducated guess is: you'll be extremely lucky to find any initial stock left 2 days after release, unless they've had further deliveries. But I could be wrong.

Sep 16, 2013 5:52 AM in response to iLindz

Depends on store & city as well.

I live in NYC, and the Apple Store on 5th Ave (open 24/7/365) ALWAYS has new phones. This store is quite the tourist attraction and its where any tourist with a broken phone goes day or night to get phones replaced/repaired.

I bought my 5 the day after it came out without even waiting in a line.

How fast will iPhone 5s sell out from Apple Stores?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.