Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Missing Apps

I think I know the answer to this question, but I would like to check before I proceed to waste more time than I have already today.

I got a replacement iPhone 5, and before I got the new one I made a backup to iTunes, checked it was there, and then wiped the old handset.

When I restored from this backup, however, a large proportion of the apps were missing.

(I should say at this stage that I have apps from two iTunes stores - US & UK.)

I usually keep the apps up-to-date OTA on the devices themselves (not in iTunes). Consequently, iTunes does not contain all the apps that were in the backup's payload. (I have checked the Manifest.plist, and it does reference the missing apps.)

My suspicion is that the dual-store issue coupled with the local app availability is the cause of the problem.

My plan is to update all apps which I do have locally and then to ensure I have downloaded all purchased apps from both stores. I will then repeat the restore.

Does this make sense? Any tips will be greatly appreciated...especially one that means I don't have to repeat the restore process 😊

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 3:27 PM

Absent a reply, I went ahead and can confirm that following the proposed steps - then repeating the restore - did fix the problem.

1 reply

Restore Missing Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.