Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clip not exported from iPhoto..?!

Hi, on top of my Time Capsule and Time Machine external drives backup, I am doing yearly manual photo backups in order to be extra safe.

However I noticed this issue:

when selecting all the Events of the current year and selecting Export (Cmd, Shift, E), the only way to have exported both photos and clips is to select Original to the File Format. However, by selecting ORIGINAL, files are exported as they were original and not with modifications or rotations...

If I select Actual/Current to the file format, this issue is solved, but clips are exported empty...

Any help?

Tnxs.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 8:03 AM

You are quite correct. There is no help, this is design.

If you want to export clips: Use the Original setting. I wouldn't use the Current setting for photos myself, as they are just the lower quality previews, missing lots of metadata.

This User Tip

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4921

has details of the options in the Export dialogue.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2013 8:03 AM in response to Jet787

You are quite correct. There is no help, this is design.

If you want to export clips: Use the Original setting. I wouldn't use the Current setting for photos myself, as they are just the lower quality previews, missing lots of metadata.

This User Tip

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4921

has details of the options in the Export dialogue.

Sep 16, 2013 9:57 AM in response to Jet787

Why if I export as Current I am going to loose quality?

If an image is edited it will undergo some JPEF compression which does lower the resolution a little bit. However, I've found that unless I'm going to make a large print like a 20 x 30 poster or larger it's diffidcult to see the loss. If you export at Quality = Maximum you will minimize the loss a bit. However, even at Quality = Hign I don't see any loss. (However, my seeing eye dog might 🙂)

OT

Clip not exported from iPhoto..?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.