Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you reset password for mail in iCloud??

Somehow my mail address has gone from Mac.com to me.com and now to icloud.com

I still receive mails from Mac and me .com but not icloud.com, although when I now send a mail, it forces me to send it via icloud.com.

This summer I was on my iphone and I tried to get to my icloud account and it told me to reset my password for some reason, so I did, and then I couldn't access it. So now when I goto icloud it tells me to reset my password, which sends me an email that gives me a link to restting on apple but with message saying the link is invalid!!! Thus begins the crazy circle where I do it all over again with the same result. My IT guy is equally baffled. So now I can't get any mail, it's insane!
Any suggestions.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 7:45 AM

6 replies

Sep 16, 2013 8:17 AM in response to James Fernald

Your password for iCloud email is the same as for the whole of iCloud. You change it at http://appleid.apple.com - once you have done this you have to go to System Preferences (or Settings)>iCloud and click the 'Sign out' button (on an iOS device it's 'Delete account' - this does not delete the account from the server).

You then sign back in again using the new password. Your iCloud data will disappear from your Mac/device when you sign out but will reappear when you sign back in.

You signature says you are using 10.6.7 - I assume this is incorrect as this is not compatible with iCloud: if so could you please amend it to prevent confusion.

Sep 16, 2013 12:39 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

The problem is it as somehow cancelled my mac.com account as well, although my emails are still there, just can't see them (can see junk, flagged mail, etc but not inbox, so when sends me the PW thing, I can't view it. Also, before when I could get through and clicked on the command, it gave me the following error message,

"Invalid Link...We apologize, but we are unable to verify the link you used to access this page. Please click Continue to return to the main page and start over.

Sep 16, 2013 12:54 PM in response to James Fernald

It sounds as if this has got to the point where you need Support to sort it out. If you currently happen to have AppleCare, either because you recently bought Apple hardware or have paid to extend the inititial period, you can contact them here:

http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/contact/

You will need the serial number of the covered hardware.

If you are not covered by AppleCare, then - in common with other free email services - there is no free support and you may be asked to pay a fee - as it looks to be their fault you may be able to argue that you shouldn't be charged.

How do you reset password for mail in iCloud??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.