I found the fix for this.
1. Go to system Pref. click shareing
2. Trun File shareing on and choose the drive or folder you would like to share.
3. Add users. If you need to create a user do so here. By hitting the Plus sign.
4. Go back to the main window of system pref.
5. Go into User and Groups.
6. Click the plus sign in the lower left like as if you were going to add another acocunt.
7. In the drop of the new user winder change it from Standard to Group. Name the group and save.
8. Now choose the users you created on the file shareing window to your group by just checking their name. If you dont see any users make sure you have highlited the group you created.
9. find the drive or folder you would like to share right click on it and select get info.
10. Make sure the box share folder is checked
11. then in the sharing and permission secion of the get info window you will add the group you made.
12 . Once you add the group you will see a check box show up that says Ignore owner ship of this volume. Check this box.
13 you are done.