Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using apple mac with Lion 10.7.5. I need to reload Snow Leopard to use a film edtiting program. Can I have the two programs on the mac?

I'm using an apple mac with lion 10.7.5 loaded. I need to load snow leopard to use a film editing program. Can I load snow leopard without removing Lion?

If so are there any problems doing it?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:31 AM

You would need to divide your internal HDD into two partitions and install Snow on one and Lion on the other or install a bootable version of Snow on a FireWire or USB external drive. Then you would have to reboot from Snow to Lion as needed.

5 replies

Sep 16, 2013 9:59 AM in response to Fourbrick

You need and external drive to make a clone of your current installation of OS X. Then you can use DIsk Utility (Apps/Utilities) to divide the internal drive into two partitions. Doing so will erase the drive, which is why you need the clone so you don't loose everything. Then copy the clone to one partition to restore everything and use a Snow DVD to install it on the 2nd partition.

using apple mac with Lion 10.7.5. I need to reload Snow Leopard to use a film edtiting program. Can I have the two programs on the mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.