Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing connection on Airport connected iDevices

I have an Airport base station connected to a cable modem. My iMac, iPhone, iPad and AppleTV (1st gen.) keeping losing connection even though the signal strength says excellent. Restarting the modem and Airport does not help. The only thing that helps is restarting the iMac, then all other devices connect immediately. This makes me think that the iMac or some piece of software is causing the problem. The problem did not start until two AE software updates ago. I downgraded the AE with older firmware but the problem persists. It is getting very frustrating. Airport Utility shows a good connection the whole time.

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen)

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 2:41 PM

4 replies

Sep 17, 2013 8:36 PM in response to MarceloDC

As I understand the problem, using your iMac causes all your other network devices to lose their connection. If you restart the iMac their connections are restored, at least for a while. Is that correct?

Shut down the iMac. Do your other devices work normally?

I suggest the folllowing test: On the iMac, change IPv6 to Link-local only. OK then Apply.

Post back with your results.

Losing connection on Airport connected iDevices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.