Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't charge my iPod Shuffle

Hi,

I can't charge my iPod... When I connect it to high-powered USB port, the diod is after 5 seconds shining only orange and after next 5 seconds the diod doesnt shine anymore. The iTunes doesn't find iPod, too.... Please help, thank you!

Tried in two computers. THANKS! 🙂

iPod shuffle, Windows 8

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 2:42 PM

5 replies

Sep 18, 2013 5:28 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

4th gen

Just over a year old. Started acting flaky at 6 months and now seems totally dead

It's done things like crash when asking it to repeat a song (in the middle of a race no less!)

Done a restore, computer sees it, won't charge it. Wall plug won't charge it either

I just don't want to buy another if its a known product issue (cruddy battery)

Sep 18, 2013 8:56 PM in response to Marion_d1040

If you clip it to clothing that is moist from sweat, over time it can affect locations (on the shuffle) that are most exposed, such as the buttons, power switch, and headphones jack, where there are seams and openings in the case.

If the shuffle is close to one year from purchase, you may want to take it to an Apple Store Genius Bar, to see if they can do anything about it. The standard warranty is one year from purchase date.

I can't charge my iPod Shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.