Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson printer driver problem

I'm running a MacBook Pro, OS 10.8.5 and after the last software update, my Epson Stylus Photo RX680 printer stopped working. I managed to get it to work with a generic driver and saw another software update for the drivers today. I updated the software and can't get th tdriver to print. I also cannot locate the Epson driver series 9 anywhere, including the App store. What's going on?

MacBook Pro 5,2, 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo, 8 GB DDR3.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Epson Printer no longer works

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 3:51 PM

Open System Preferences > Print & Scan > Print

Select the printer then click - (minus)

Now download a fresh set of drivers directly from the Epson website > Epson Stylus Photo RX680, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.

Then back to the System Preferences > Print & Scan > Print pane. Click + to add the printer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2013 3:51 PM in response to trillfilm

Open System Preferences > Print & Scan > Print

Select the printer then click - (minus)

Now download a fresh set of drivers directly from the Epson website > Epson Stylus Photo RX680, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.

Then back to the System Preferences > Print & Scan > Print pane. Click + to add the printer.

Sep 16, 2013 4:09 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn, Thanks, but it didn't work. The Epson site leads me back around to the app store which said there were no updates.

I'm going to try to uninstall the driver (a reply on another forum said to go to Aprson europe and download the drivers there, but they don't have the RX680 driver. But I did download the uninstaller. So I'll try that way.

Thanks again.

Roger

Sep 16, 2013 4:41 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I uninstalled it with the uninstaller from Europe and installed the RX685 driver. Restarted. Upon start, I got a message asking me if I wanted to install the RX680 driver I said yes. After this, Print & Scan preference showed only one driver--the RX680. So I printed a document. The driver window message said "communication error." I restarted the printer. It worked very well, as it did last week.

Who knows...I'm just glad it is over. I hate wasting time.

Thanks. Enjoy the sunset over th Pacific.

Epson printer driver problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.