Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't drag and drop music onto iTunes...

Hi guys,

Ok I just recently bought my first mac, a MacBook Pro. Transferred all my files (most importantly my music) onto an external hard drive from my PC, then transferred files from the hard drive to the mac and it all seems to be fine. However for some reason I can't seem to get my songs into iTunes. I tried scan for media and that just pops up saying 'processing' for a second then nothing happens...then I tried simply dragging my whole music folder into iTunes, it looked like it was doing something, again said 'processing' but nothing happened. My music folder is pretty big at 42GB, could this be the problem? My iTunes is up to date I just don't understand, can anyone help?

Thank you,

Craig

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 5:00 PM

8 replies

May 1, 2014 12:36 AM in response to strovs

strovs wrote:

Hello!

Check if you run iTunes in Administrator mode. For using drag and drop and miniplayer buttons in dock you need to uncheck "Run as an Administrator" in iTunes.exe file.

Have a Luck!

That is the true answer. I can't figure why the drag and drop feature is disabled when in admin mode, but I'm happy it works again. Thanks.

Can't drag and drop music onto iTunes...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.