Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod 5th Gen. Not recognized in Itunes, But is in "My Computer" + Immediate Eject on plug

Whenever I open iTunes, I get an error message that says, "The software required for communicating with iPods and mobile phones was not installed correctly." When I have it try to repair itself, it brings up another error message that says, "the software required for this iPod is not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes to install the required software." I have used Revo to remove all traces of Apple products and followed the guidelines in the Apple instructions http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1369 to no avail. I've tried temporarily disabling the firewall and my AVG software during installation and that hasn't helped. My iPod connects with iTunes on other computers just fine, so I can't imagine it's the device. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times.

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 5:03 PM

1 reply

Sep 19, 2013 6:39 AM in response to Coobyj

Hello Coobyj,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like something may have disabled the Apple Mobile Device Service, so I would check that next.

This article should help with that:

How to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1567

These 2 sections in particular:

Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS)

Set the Apple Mobile Device Service Startup type to Automatic

All the best,

Sterling

Ipod 5th Gen. Not recognized in Itunes, But is in "My Computer" + Immediate Eject on plug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.