Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my new iPad 4 say that my AirPort Express "cannot be set up by this software"?

Why does my new iPad 4 say that my AirPort Express "cannot be set up by this software"?

I am trying to connect to my home wireless network with a brand new iPad 4. The other wireless equipped devices throughout my house are working just fine, but my iPad says that it cannot set-up this wireless network...

WHY?????

WHAT do I do to MAKE it WORK!??!?!?!

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 5:26 PM

3 replies

Sep 16, 2013 6:42 PM in response to ljrichey

Are you trying to "set up" the AirPort Express, meaning that it has been reset back to factory default settings, and you are trying to totally reconfigure it again to name a new wireless network, establish passwords, etc......

Or

Is the AirPort Express already set up and providing a wireless network....and you want the iPad to "join" and connect to the network so that you can access the Internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.