Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a first gen. ipod i turned it on and then it shut itself back off. Now wont go past the apple screen what happend?

My first gen.ipod shut off by itself and won't get past the first apple screen.When I turn it on the apple screen comes up then it shuts back off.

iPod touch, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 6:29 PM

2 replies

Sep 16, 2013 6:34 PM in response to randy269

You should do a DFU.

Steps to DFU

• Turn your device off. Press and hold the Power button until the Power slider appears. Slide it to the right to turn the device off. Wait for your device to completely power down before continuing.
  • Plug into your Computer.
  • Press the Power button. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
  • Press the Home button. After the first 3 seconds, press and hold the Home button while continuing to hold the Power button. Do this for 10 seconds.
  • Release the Power button. After exactly 10 seconds of holding both buttons, release the Power button but continue holding the Home button. After a few seconds, a message will appear in iTunes letting you know that the device has been detected. The device’s screen will remain blank if done successfully.

Then you should restore it and put all your info back.

*Make sure you back it up before you do this*

Sep 17, 2013 2:26 AM in response to randy269

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

I have a first gen. ipod i turned it on and then it shut itself back off. Now wont go past the apple screen what happend?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.