Place the iPod in recovery mode using one of these programs:
For MAC or PC
and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.
For how to restore:
To restore from backup see:
If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.
You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:
For others viewing this post I managed to get this resolved with the assistance of Illaass' post.
1) Downloaded RecBoot and tried to run the RecBoot.exe
* Got error in regard to missing QTMLCLIENT.dll.
2) Downloaded the QTMLCLIENT.dll and iTunesMobileDevice.dll from Illasss post, save them in the same location as the RecBoot.exe and tried to run again.
* Got USBMUXListenerCreate: No Error msg in CMD prompt and nothing else happening.
So the best way to resolve this is as follows:
1) Download the RecBoot files directly into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support.
2) Download the QTMLClient.dll directly into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support.
Note: DO NOT Download the iTunesMobileDevice.dll, as RecBoot will use the correct one that already exists in the above location.
3) Run the RecBoot.exe from that location and then you can enter\exit recovery mode without error.
I've done everything as you said but I still get the "no error" message. The only thing that was different for me is that I got iTunesMobileDevice.dll missing, but it wasn't in the Apple Application Support folder like you said it would, so I downloaded it and put it there, but it still doesn't work.