Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my MainStage instruments into Garageband?

I just bought Mainstage 3. I feel like the instruments should automatically appear in Garageband, but they aren't. I've restarted my computer, tried exporting patches to my finder. I can't get the new software instruments into GB. Can anybody help?

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 7:55 PM

1 reply

Sep 18, 2013 1:22 AM in response to macattack777

It looks like nobody here were using Mainstage 3. So it is hard to give any advice for Mainstage 3 and GarageBand '11. Mainstage 2 used to install at least the instruments needed for the JamPacks in GarageBand's Instrument library as well as in Logic's, but not all instruments. Check, if you now have at least the JamPacks instruments in GarageBand. Set the pop up menu at the top of the Inspector to "Show all" and look, what else is now available besides the basic GarageBand collection.

User uploaded file

You may need to rebuild the Loop index:

Rebuilding the Loop Index in GarageBand

Since Mainstage 3 is advertized to work well with Logic, but GarageBand is not mentioned on the Apple page (or I missed it), the additional Jam Pack instruments may have been installed in Logic's library but not GarageBand's.

Compare the Instrument Libraries for Logic and GarageBand. But carefully, you will not want to change anything:

Look at the folders:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Instruments/

and

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/

and compare.

Regards

Léonie

How do I get my MainStage instruments into Garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.