Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is converting my project to Quick Time Conversion not working

A project ( made in FCE4) under 6 minutes long says it will take 2 hours to convert (usually it's around 5 minutes). I left it overnight to find an "unknown error" message. I'm in the process of doing it again but it still says it will take 2 hours. I converted a similar project the previous day in minutes.

Would lack of space on my hard drive have anything to do with it?

Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 12:22 AM

12 replies

Sep 17, 2013 1:20 AM in response to oasisboy

Hi

Two thoughts

• free space on - Start-Up (Mac OS) Hard disk ?

I never go less than 25Gb for SD-Video (4-5 times more for HD)

• Video-Codec used - Although some seems to work - they don't - and then it use to go this way.

What is Your material in

- Video Codec

- Photo file format

- Audio file format - I only use .aiff - never .mp3, .wma or other alient format

Yours Bengt W

Sep 18, 2013 5:49 AM in response to oasisboy

Yes, lack of hard drive space could be the problem ... but ...

How about if you give us some specifics to go on?

• What model iMac, how much RAM, hard drive capacity & free space
  • Are you really still on OS X 10.5.3 as your profile indicates
  • What is the nature of your video (source media properties, sequence settings, what settings are you using when you export to QT conversion)?

Sep 22, 2013 2:03 PM in response to MartinR

MartinR -

1. My Mac contains 2 memory slots, each of which accepts a 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM memory module.

2. hard drive capacity 750GB

3. Free : 94GB

4. I´m now usuing OS X 10.7.5

5. QT conversion settings are :

VIDEO H.264, frame rate : current, key frames : automatic, quality :best, data rate : automatic

SOUND : format : AAC, rate : 48,000 kHz, render settings - quality : normal, encoding strategy : constant bit rate, target bit rate : 128 kbps

Does this cast any light on the situation?

Sep 23, 2013 8:41 AM in response to oasisboy

If you used FCE to directly import your clips from your HXR-MC 2000E, then they are already in AIC format. FCE automatically transcodes AVCHD video to AIC during Log & Transfer from the camcorder.

Easy way to tell - control-click one of your clips in the FCE Browser. Select "Item Properties" and look at what it says for "Compressor". If it says "Apple Intermediate Codec" then the clip is already in AIC format.

Note, FCE does not work with ProRes video, so it's no use converting to ProRes.

Why is converting my project to Quick Time Conversion not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.