Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I own a 13" 2006 MacBook that holds 2GB of memory and I want to know if I buy more memory, can my Mac support more?

I need my laptop for university and I want to know if it will be able to hold all my documents. Also, if it cannot support my memory needs, can I buy more memory for it?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 5:08 AM

Click on the Apple menu and select About This Mac, then click on More Info. In the next window, on the right you will see something like this:

User uploaded file

The Model Identifier is the information you need.

Next go to this site: http://www.macramdirect.com/macbook.html

Then click on your Model. The maximum memory (RAM) your computer can support will be shown.

As far as the ability to "hold all my documents", that depends on the capacity of the hard drive and how much space is available. Bear in mind that text documents require much less storage space than pictures, videos, music.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2013 5:08 AM in response to olivia6895

Click on the Apple menu and select About This Mac, then click on More Info. In the next window, on the right you will see something like this:

User uploaded file

The Model Identifier is the information you need.

Next go to this site: http://www.macramdirect.com/macbook.html

Then click on your Model. The maximum memory (RAM) your computer can support will be shown.

As far as the ability to "hold all my documents", that depends on the capacity of the hard drive and how much space is available. Bear in mind that text documents require much less storage space than pictures, videos, music.

I own a 13" 2006 MacBook that holds 2GB of memory and I want to know if I buy more memory, can my Mac support more?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.