Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need some help, somebody has turned the restrictions on on my daughters iPad mini and we don't know the pass code to turn it off. She has lost the iTunes icon because of this. Anybody know what to do? Thanks

Help, somebody has turned the restrictions on on my daughters iPad mini and we don't know the pass code to turn it off. She can't use iTunes because of them being turned on. I have tried backing it up to a laptop and then restoring it to factory settings but you need the pass code to do this....any ideas how I can turn it off or reset it, anything that might help its driving me potty...

Many thanks

Jo

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 3:38 AM

6 replies

Sep 17, 2013 3:45 AM in response to Barmyhouse76

Have you tried using recovery mode in order to restore the iPad? It will totally earse the iPad but you can restore your iTunes content back to the iPad if you sync with iTunes, or you can download most of your paid content again as long as you use the same Apple ID and as long as the content is still available in the iStores.

Recovery Mode

iOS: Unable to update or restore - Support - Apple

Downloading Past Purchases

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and ...

Sep 17, 2013 5:41 AM in response to Barmyhouse76

Recovery Mode

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.

2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.

3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears, release the Home button.

5. iTunes should alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then click Restore to restore the device.

Note: You need to be patient and repeat the above many times to recover your iPad. Data will be lost.

I need some help, somebody has turned the restrictions on on my daughters iPad mini and we don't know the pass code to turn it off. She has lost the iTunes icon because of this. Anybody know what to do? Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.