Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have bought a 5th gen ipod classic. i bought a movie from itunes and it wont sync to the ipod

I bought an ipod classic 5th gen from ebay. itunes will sync all my music but i bought a movie from itunes and it will not sync. even when i try to manually it doesnt work. any help please. im going insane

iPod classic

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 7:51 AM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2013 3:47 PM in response to boroboy32

The 5th gen iPod "classic" was the first "video" iPod. It's video capability is more limited, and supported video resolution is lower, typically only 320x240. Even if the video is standard def (SD), and not HD, it is probably at least 640x480.

Also, current iTunes Store video content (such as TV shows and movies) uses DRM (copy protection). The 5th gen iPod was designed before the iTunes Store started selling video content (as it does now); I don't think it supports the DRM technology.

If you have video content that is not DRM'd and plays in iTunes (such as video podcasts), you may be able to use the convert command in iTunes. Select the item on a list in iTunes. From the iTunes menu bar

File -> Create New Version -> Create iPod or iPhone Version

That version may play on your iPod, so iTunes will sync it.

I have bought a 5th gen ipod classic. i bought a movie from itunes and it wont sync to the ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.