Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 Match. Missing Artwork mystery

Hi All

Been playing around with the random missing artwork thing with itunes match as i feel there never really has been a decent explanation for it. Using Win 7 64-bit PC. iTunes 11.

Give this a go.

Create a smart playlist to match the following rule.

Has artwork - is False.

This will create a smart playlist containing all the files iTunes beleives to have no artwork. What I found was quite interesting. The resulting playlist contained many tracks that clearly do have album art, as you can see the album art. and also contained all the tracks the definately don't. So it seems even itunes really can't tell when a file has artwork or not.

Also just some further detail. The library I am currently looking at is on my work PC. Its a "fresh" library using itunes match so none of the files are actually stored locally. What I am looking at is entirely what my iCloud perceives my music library to be (and matches up with what im seeing when I look at my library using itunes match on my ipad). So some of the album artwork that is missing I know actually should have artwork as there are particular files I know definately has the artwork my home PC.

Does anybody know if icloud will push any changes you make to the icloud library down to files stored locally in an itunes library?

anyone else seeing / experiencing similar issues?

Windows 7

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 8:54 AM

1 reply

Dec 10, 2016 8:18 AM in response to Deano2point0

This worked for me:

1 Select part of playlist songs from same "album" that have same artwork

2 right click > get info

3 ARTWORK TAB add artwork manually or leave selected one artwork that doesn't show up

4 DETAILS fill artist / album part with name/title of album

5 DELETE ALL TEXT IN BOXES - album artist and composer (leave it BLANK!!!)

6 COMPILATION CHECK ON! Album is a compilation of songs by various artists CHECKMARK ON !

This works for me!!! Artwork is up!

Thanx, et

iTunes 11 Match. Missing Artwork mystery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.