Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio cutting out on playback

I am editing a video in FCP X and the audio keeps cutting out in playback.

The video is mainly comprised of .mov files converted from M2T files using the Apple ProRes 422(HQ) codec. There are one or two .mov files supplied by another camera operator with lower spec, but these are not problematic.

I had no problems with previous projects using the same files, but this time the audio is constantly cutting out on playback. It seems to be fine on export which is a relief but the playback problem is making editing very difficult.

Does anyone have any advice?

I am using:

MacBook Pro

OS 10.8.4

Processor: 2.7GHz Intel Core i7

RAM: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB

Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9

Thanks.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 1:45 PM

5 replies

Oct 22, 2013 12:16 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The video was filmed on a SonyZ7 camera which created M2T files. These were then converted using Pavtube MTS-M2TS Converter. I converted them to .mov files using the Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) codec.

I used the default audio settings for the conversion which are:

Codec: pcm_s16le (no other options)

Sample rate: 44100 (only other option is 44800)

Bitrate: 352800 (only other option is 38400)

Channels: stereo

The only changes I've made to the audio in FCPX are to adjust volume, add fades, and in some cases remove one of the channels and turn the other one into dual mono.

I've also now cleared some space on my Macbook harddrive as I wondered if that was the problem, it's now less than 50% full and it's still an issue. It doesn't seem to be a RAM issue as I have the MemoryFreer app and this happens even when I have plenty of free memory.

Hope someone can help?

Thanks

Elspeth

Audio cutting out on playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.