Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri forgets who I am

SIRI never remembers who I am.

This is frustrating when I ask for simple advice like directions home.

The standard response is, "I would like to help, but I don't know who you are." and then prompts me to update my settings. I update my settings (Settings>General>Siri>My Info) and even though I can see the information is properly recorded, she still does not recognize the entry.

This is an iPhone 4S (Verizon), version 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 3:36 PM

Two things to double check:

1. You've said you set up Settings > General > Siri > My Info correctly. Open Contacts on your iPhone, and check out your entry. Is there a small human-like icon to the right of your name in the "All Contacts" list there?

2. Is your address properly listed under the "home" category in your contacts listing?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2013 3:36 PM in response to Pacific Aviator

Two things to double check:

1. You've said you set up Settings > General > Siri > My Info correctly. Open Contacts on your iPhone, and check out your entry. Is there a small human-like icon to the right of your name in the "All Contacts" list there?

2. Is your address properly listed under the "home" category in your contacts listing?

Sep 17, 2013 4:10 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

Tom--

I hate being "that guy."

When you posted your response, I really thought you were incorrect, so I went back to verify that I did in fact post my question in the iPhone forum.

Needless to say, I was wrong. Thanks for noticing the error and asking for a re-post. The solution was also posted, so having those in the iPhone section will probably help someone else in the future.

Thanks for your help.

Frank

Siri forgets who I am

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.