Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone tried Win 7_64 bit on a Late 2008 MacBook Alum, with 2.4Ghz and 4G ram?

I'm running Win XP Pro 64 with Boot Camp 4, with drivers I found (Apple didn't/doesn't support XP 64 bit, but I needed it for a program I was running). WiFi doesn't work, but ethernet into Airport Express gets me on the LAN/web. I'd like to upgrade to Win 7_64 bit, and Apple has those drivers (at least for newer computers?).

The other part of this question i: I will upgrade to Mountain Lion, but am I going to loose the Windows partition due to incompatibilities with BootCamp 4, etc?

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8), moving to Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 2:31 PM

Boot Camp- Macs that work with 64-bit editions of Windows 7/Vista

No, you don't lose the partition.

2 replies

Sep 17, 2013 6:22 PM in response to Kappy

Thanks for the input on the partition and the link Kappy. I saw that page, too, before I asked the question. My MacBook runs XP Pro-64 just fine, but it's not shown on that page as working with anything but 32 bit versions of Windows, and Boot Camp 4.

I'm hoping someone out there has installed Win7-64 on a late 2008 Aluminum MacBook 2.4Ghz, and can tell me if it works or not, and if the Apple-supplied drivers work, too.

Has anyone tried Win 7_64 bit on a Late 2008 MacBook Alum, with 2.4Ghz and 4G ram?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.