Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else having audio popping/cracking after 10.8.5?

My audio was fine until the 10.8.5 OS X update. Now it pops and crackles like a bowl of cereal when trying to play a YouTube video. No problems when there is no active sound. Anyone else had this issue and perhaps has a fix? Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 3:26 PM

10 replies

Sep 17, 2013 9:06 PM in response to DLGering

ℹIve tried to replicate this on my Macbook Air 2013 running 10.8.5, youtube and Chrome and 2 other macbook Air same configuration and could not replicate it after 2 hours total of youtube audio play thru Chrome and 10.8.5

Reset SMC see if there is a clearing of same. 😊

ℹIndications are its a Shockwave Flash addon update issue thru Chrome only.

This is the second attributable error from Chrome in the past 3 months (first being blackout from sleep)

Jan 18, 2014 12:42 AM in response to AnaMusic

hello

i've also been experiencing this popping/crackling sound when chrome is open on 10.8.5.

do i need to manually download and install this supplemental update? it doesn't appear in the app store when i click on the updates tab.

i really like chrome and i'd like to be able to get rid of these annoying sounds, which i only started experiencing since 10.8.5

Sep 22, 2014 2:56 PM in response to EricaJM

I have cracks and pops while using itunes and when listening to youtube. allso when listening to bounces from logic x. when i import a bounce from logic x into logic x...no problem. must be something wrong with itunes whitch is the major player on macs?

If anyone knows whats going on please respond. Have checked the web but no finds....;(

Anyone else having audio popping/cracking after 10.8.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.