Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken Sleep/Wake Button

My ipod touch 4th gen has a big issue. I went to unlock my ipod, and when I pushed the sleep/wake/power button, its stayed down. I wondered if it had gotten stuck on my case, but nope. It is now permanetly jammed inside the frame of the ipod. Is there any home remedy for this? If not, how much can i expect this to cost? Or should I buy a completely new one?

Thanks in Advance

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 4:12 PM

Have you looked at the previous discussions listed on the right side of this page under the heading "More Like This"?

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Maybe they can unstick it.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

A third-party place like the following fix it for less. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2013 4:12 PM in response to Alex.Sutton

Have you looked at the previous discussions listed on the right side of this page under the heading "More Like This"?

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Maybe they can unstick it.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

A third-party place like the following fix it for less. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Mar 5, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Alex.Sutton

My iphone 5 has this same issue and falls under apples recall for the sleep/wake button repair but when I sent it in they refused to replace the part because of a scratch near the sleep/wake button. Apple tells me they put a defective part in my phone and they will replace it but then they refuse to. This is very, very poor customer service and I'm extremely disappointed with apple. How can a company admit a defective part, qualify my phone with the serial number and then refuse repair because of the condition of my phone. My phone is in near perfect condition after 3 years. It should matter if the phone was near destroyed and still working, they used a defective part and admit it but then refuse to repair. This is just not acceptable. Other be prepared for the same type of terrible customer service.

Broken Sleep/Wake Button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.