Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to run two applications at the same time on ipad.

Hi,

I would like to know of it is possible to play media apps (movies or bbc iplayer programs) while surfing the Internet with safari on ipad2. Even if I can't actually see the video while I'm surfing the net but can still hear it and can jump between the Internet and the movie without the movie stopping.

Somehow I think the answer to this is no but then I also thought it wasn't possible to do print screen images with ipad until someone showed me how.

Can anyone help?

Locard

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4, Multitasking multiple apps

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 4:32 PM

In this case, it is not possible to do what you want to do. The music app and some radio apps will work in the background while you are working in other apps, but media apps cannot be run at the same time the way that you want you do it.

I.E. .... you cannot listen to a YouTube audio feed while playing a game, or surfing the web with Safari.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2013 4:32 PM in response to Locard

In this case, it is not possible to do what you want to do. The music app and some radio apps will work in the background while you are working in other apps, but media apps cannot be run at the same time the way that you want you do it.

I.E. .... you cannot listen to a YouTube audio feed while playing a game, or surfing the web with Safari.

Sep 17, 2013 4:44 PM in response to Locard

Prior to iOS 6, it was possible to "multitask" with some media like playing audio from YouTube video while playing a game or surfing the web, but it changed in iOS 6.

There are always a few surprises in major iOS releases, so who knows, it might work again in iOS 7. I never set my expectations for anything other than what Apple talks about publicly, but like I said, you never know.

Is it possible to run two applications at the same time on ipad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.