Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has Final Cut Pro X just deleted my very expensive FCP 7??!!

I'm on the road. I don't have my FCP 7 discs with me. I use FCP 7 predominantly in my work. I've been using it on this computer for the last 5 years.

I just purchased and installed FCP X to do a job for a client that needed it done in FCP X.

I go back to my FCP 7 to continue my 'real' work, with a heavy deadline in two days ... a thousand people arriving at a screening to see a film ...

And I find FCP X seems to have wiped FCP 7 off my computer?

Is this possible?

Or is it 'hidden' somewhere I can re-access it? When I tried the 'Trial' version of FCP X it had no effect on my regular FCP 7. And there was absolutely NO obvious warning on the FCP 10 download site that this would happen.

Advice please?

B

MacBook Pro (15-inch Glossy), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 4:12 PM

Do you have a folder called Final Cut Studio?

2 replies

Sep 17, 2013 4:50 PM in response to Ben Low

Thank you thank you Tom,

I was preparing a rant, knew I shouldn't be. I did a search and the engine didn't come up with the app, even though appropriately named.

There it is. Whew! In the folder.

Is there anything I have to watch out for now ... when working in either, in terms of the 'other' version, being still on the drive, and in use? Though never simultanesouly of course.

I'm going to start using FCP 10, finally, but so many of my ongoing projects are set up in FCP 7, even if I get converted it will be awhile before I can switch over.

And I'll first have to get over my frustration every time I try to do something in 10 and have to spend an hour figuring out the logic of a new way of doing things.

Very very much appreciated,

Ben

Has Final Cut Pro X just deleted my very expensive FCP 7??!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.