Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone ever unlocked a service swapped AT&T iPhone?

My wife's 4S would normally have been eligible for AT&T unlock 11/2013. The process is normally straightforward, I've unlocked 3-4 of our AT&T iPhones post contract expiration.

There's a catch though. She broke her screen, and since I wanted a new battery I paid for a service swap instead of a screen repair. (Sadly, the service swap (same as a refurb I think) had a defective "audio compiler ic" and itself had to be service swapped.)

The problem, of course, is that we now have a different phone from our original AT&T purchase. So although we'll be eligible for unlock, I suspect we'll have problems.

So my question -- has anyone ever successfully unlocked a services swapped AT&T iPhone?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 4:36 PM

If the swap was done via Apple, there should not be any problems. You might have to verbalize that to AT&T though. I've read other posts where swapped phones were eligible for unlock, as long as there was a legitimate trail for the phones.

3 replies

Has anyone ever unlocked a service swapped AT&T iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.