Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an effective data recovery program for iPod Touch?

I accidently deleted a video and I've tried a couple different data recovery tools and havne't had any luck. Has anyone ever been able to use something that like that and if so what did you use? I'd even be willing to pay a little as it has sentimental value, but I'd like to have a first hand review saying it actually works.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 5:16 PM

5 replies

Mar 22, 2016 11:38 PM in response to divepoolkey

It will depend on whether your computer or any recovery program you use is able to read the iPod contents.

Check out the instructions/suggestions here.

Music from iPod to computer (using option 2).

There's also another method. I've successfully tested this across several different Windows PCs.

Open iTunes and select edit/preferences/advanced/general. Put a check mark in the box marked "copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library" and also "keep iTunes music folder organized", then click 'ok'.

Connect the iPod whilst holding down the shift/ctrl keys to prevent any auto sync, and if you see the dialogue window asking if you want to sync to this itunes library, click 'no'.

Then go to file/add folder, open 'my computer', select your iPod and click 'ok'.

The music files should transfer to your iTunes.

If this doesn't work (and it may not because officially it's not supposed to), there's Yamipod. This is a free program that transfers music and playlists etc from iPod back to the computer. However, it does not transfer playcounts/ratings etc.

The above methods may depend on what version of iTunes you are running.

If none of these methods work, try CopyPod

Is there an effective data recovery program for iPod Touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.