Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seeking Photo Cataloging Database (with Thumbnails)

Hello,

Does anyone know of a stand alone application that can catalog images on SD cards/CDs/DVDs/etc. that includes a thumbnail and image data? Looking for something similar to disk cataloger that scans the disk automatically and catalogs the contents.

Thanks in advance for any input.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.8 GHz Intel Core I7

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 6:37 PM

12 replies

Sep 17, 2013 7:49 PM in response to EMH_OK

They might - but probalby not - most iPhoto users use iPhoto because it does what they want - for things that iPhoto does not do you need a general internet search - there is no Apple forum for proudcts that Apple does not make - or any Microsoft forum for non Microsoft products - or any Adobe forums for non Adobe products - etc - etc - etc

LN

Sep 19, 2013 4:38 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks, Old Toad. I've read many of your helpful posts over the years. MP is impressive; it does this and much more. I realize I may have to end up paying a premium for this function, but I am hoping to maybe find it in a stand alone app. But if not, it may be worth the investment just to be able to database all my pics in diferent locations without having to have them loaded in iPhoto.

LN's reference to Adobe made me recall Photoshop Elements. I beleive it may also do this for about half the price. I'll investigate with the trial version and post my findings.

Thanks again. Appreciate the suggestion.

Sep 19, 2013 6:02 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks, Toad. Searching MacUpdate is a great idea.

I actually did several Google searches prior to posting the question initially and came across most of these apps. Unfortunately, the ones that said they did what I was seeking are no longer supported (e.g. iView Media is a PowerPC app, etc.) and the others didn't quite do the job.

Do appreciate the additional input. Thanks!

RIght now it appears as if PhotoShop Elements appears to be the most afforadable option and has a lot a great (useful) options to soften the financial blow. After I experiement with it a bit this weekend, I'll post the outcome in case others are wondering.

Cheers!

Seeking Photo Cataloging Database (with Thumbnails)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.