Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover deleted iCloud file?

I have eraesed by mistake a very important Numbers file that I stored in iCloud. Is there any way to recover it?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 7:19 AM

You should have a copy of it in your Time Machine backup. Any files stored in the iWork folder on icloud are also stored locally in ...

~/Library/Mobile Documents

Note that Library in the user's home folder is now hidden, so you'll have to set Finder to view hidden files.

The Mobile Documents folder has subfolders where copies of the doc/data files are stored. note that once a file on icloud is deleted, then it is also deleted from Mobile Documents.

Check Time machine for that folder or subfolders to find the backup. otherwise there's no way that I can think of to get your file back.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2013 7:19 AM in response to vunda

You should have a copy of it in your Time Machine backup. Any files stored in the iWork folder on icloud are also stored locally in ...

~/Library/Mobile Documents

Note that Library in the user's home folder is now hidden, so you'll have to set Finder to view hidden files.

The Mobile Documents folder has subfolders where copies of the doc/data files are stored. note that once a file on icloud is deleted, then it is also deleted from Mobile Documents.

Check Time machine for that folder or subfolders to find the backup. otherwise there's no way that I can think of to get your file back.

How do I recover deleted iCloud file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.