Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i retrive lost edited photos in apature?

Please help! I imported photos from a memory card to aperture. When asked if I wanted to delete the photos off my memory card I said no. I then spent several hours editing those photos. I then pulled the memory card out, took more photos, uploaded them and edited them. I did this several times, always choosing not to clear my memory card when asked. Today, when asked if I waold like to delete photos off the memory card I hit yes. I have now lost all of my edited images. The original are still there but every edited images is gone.

Does anyone know why this happend and is there any way to retrieve the edited images.

THank you for your help!

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 9:31 PM

3 replies

Sep 17, 2013 11:00 PM in response to jasonseanwheeler

The original are still there but every edited images is gone.

In what way are the edited images gone? What is it that you are seeing in Aperture when you are looking at the recently imported projects?

What are your settings in Aperture's "Import" panel?

Is "Store Files" in the "Aperture" brick set to "in their current location" or did you leave it setto the safer default value "In the Aperture library"?

User uploaded file

Sep 17, 2013 11:23 PM in response to léonie

Thank you for your reply leonieDF.

The original, un-edited Photos are there under receintly imported project. Also, I made a seperate folder for each project I was working on. Those folder contained edited photos but now all of the edits are gone and every image is restored to the original image.

The setting in the "Import" panel are set to "in apature library"

Sep 17, 2013 11:58 PM in response to léonie

Thank you for your reply leonieDF.

The original, un-edited Photos are there under receintly imported project. Also, I made a seperate folder for each project I was working on. Those folder contained edited photos but now all of the edits are gone and every image is restored to the original image.

The setting in the "Import" panel are set to "in apature library"

So you imported into the library, and browsing only shows the original version. Something must have changed the way you are viewing your images. When you reopened Aperture, was there a warning that the Aperture library needs repairing?

Those folder contained edited photos but now all of the edits are gone and every image is restored to the original image.

Have enabled version stacks, so that your edited versions may be stacked behind the original versions?

How are you telling that you are viewing the originals? When you look at the Adjustment tab of Inspector, are all checkmarks for adjustments cleared and no longer set?

Have you accidentally pressed the "M" key? When you do that in the Browser, Aperture will show the originals instead of the edited image.

User uploaded file

Can i retrive lost edited photos in apature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.