Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete game icon(from steam) from the launchpad?

Hi Macbook users,

I have downloaded and uninstalled Dota2 from steam then I deleted it by using these steps:

1. Go to app finder>Applications and find Dota2

2. Click show package content and dragged content to trash, also the icon in appfinder.

But I still see the icon in launchpad, as in the picture. I clicked at it and it says ''You can't open

the appication "Dota2" because it may be damaged or incomplete"

I clicked ok and the icon still in the launchpad.

If anyone knows how to get rid of the game icon please tell me.

Thanks alot.

User uploaded file

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2017 3:33 AM

Hi Louis, I had a similar problem.

I found a resolve on this website: macos - Uninstalled Program Icon Stuck on Launchpad in Mac OS X Lion - Super User

User Declan helped by saying that you go to Finder > Go (in the tool bar) > Computer > Macintosh HD (or whatever hard drive you have) > Users > your username > applications and it should be there. For some reason this application folder is different then the standard and thats where mine was put.

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2017 3:33 AM in response to Louis Sancianos

Hi Louis, I had a similar problem.

I found a resolve on this website: macos - Uninstalled Program Icon Stuck on Launchpad in Mac OS X Lion - Super User

User Declan helped by saying that you go to Finder > Go (in the tool bar) > Computer > Macintosh HD (or whatever hard drive you have) > Users > your username > applications and it should be there. For some reason this application folder is different then the standard and thats where mine was put.

Hope this helps.

How can I delete game icon(from steam) from the launchpad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.