Skip navigation

HT1420: Authorize or deauthorize your Mac or PC

Learn about Authorize or deauthorize your Mac or PC

HT1420 How do I authorise my computer to play songs purchased with an old apple id for which I no longer have the password?

117 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 18, 2013 4:40 AM by King_Penguin RSS
Mr Brickstone Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 18, 2013 4:13 AM

I recently purchased a mac for my daughter. On transfering some songs to her machine from my computer, I was asked for authorisation which I provided.

Some songs however, although they play with no problems on my other two machines, on HER computer asked me to authorise the songs with an apple ID and Password that I no longer have and haven't used in about 5 years. The e-mail ID is closed down now, and I can't remember the password.


What do I do?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7)


More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)


  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.