Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro mid 2012 13'' won't install OS X ML

Hello,

Some prehistory, my mac came with Lion, then i got ML and installed it, several monts no problem. At one point a few days back if froze, and kept restarting. So i figured should reinstall it. I have a timemachine backup on an external HDD.

So I plug the USB HDD backup, reboot, go into recovery (CMD + R), went ahead and wiped the drive, format it to (extended + journaled), did disk utilicty reprair and checked the drive. All fine so far. Note here the backup was pluged into the USB. Treid to do a restore from backup but it said it only accepted full backup. My HDD is 500GB and the backup HDD is 250GB so apparantly it has "partial backup". I though fine, I will reinstall ML and then do backup after installtion.

From recovery menu clicked "install fresh copy of ML". After logging in, it started loading and downloading the OS. It said the computer will restart automatically. After completion it didn't restart. Instead it went back to recovery menu (very strange). The disk seemed empty (only 100MB were used)

Unpligged the external HDD and when rebooted, it gave me error 606f (or somwhat similar) with a triangle and exclamation mark in the middle. Tried going into recovery mode, no can't go into.

Plugged back in the external HDD, and booted. The mac now gave me blinking folder. Now though I was able to go into recovery mode.

Tried this several times, no success isntalling ML on my machine, wiped drive several times, repared several times, installed several times. all same.

Don't have apple care anymore, can you please help, is it the HDD going bad?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 4:31 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro mid 2012 13'' won't install OS X ML

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.