7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2013 12:16 AM by Linc Davis
userremoved Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

When I press the desktop and screensaver is absolutely nothing happens. The "loading pictures" states the computer, but nothing shows up. What's wrong? I have tried restarting the computer.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)
  • rkaufmann87 Level 8 Level 8 (48,130 points)

Try doing both a SMC and PRAM reset, I'd do each at least 2x. Please click Intel iMac SMC and PRAM resets for instructions.

• userremoved Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I tried. But maybe I midunderstood part 2. I cam to restart the mac-os wich i did. But it ididn´t help. Then I pressed Command+option+r+p and it rebbot. But the decktiop and sreecnsaver still refuse to stop "reading picturece". And now my computer refuse to use wifi - and yes, i have connection. (It wish to upgrade i-tunes).

• rkaufmann87 Level 8 Level 8 (48,130 points)

Re-read the instructions!

• Linc Davis Level 10 Level 10 (159,645 points)

First follow the instructions in this support article.

If an iPhoto or Aperture library is the source of your desktop pictures, it may need to be rebuilt, or you may need to update the application to the latest version.

Otherwise, continue as below.

Back up all data.

In the Finder, hold down the option key and select

Go Library

from the menu bar. From the Library folder, delete the following item, if it exists: 

• Caches/com.apple.systempreferences

and move the following item to the Desktop:

• Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist

Launch System Preferences and test. If you still have the issue, put the item on the Desktop back where it came from and post again. Otherwise, delete the item.

Soory, it didn´t work. I read your mail again and again. And tried 3-4 times.

I find "Libery" and find those files "cache.db", "com.apple.preference.cache" and "com.apple.preference.exache" - wich should I remove? Now I find the map com.apple.systempreference and in it i find caches.db. It that you ment? (Is the 2th map to the left, 3thd down)Skärmavbild 2013-09-19 kl. 08.10.08.png

Linc Davis wrote:

If an iPhoto or Aperture library is the source of your desktop pictures, it may need to be rebuilt, or you may need to update the application to the latest version.

Back up all data.

Go Library

from the menu bar. From the Library folder, delete the following item, if it exists: 

Launch System Preferences and test. If you still have the issue, put the item on the Desktop back where it came from and post again. Otherwise, delete the item.

Linc Davis wrote:

Back up all data.

Go Library

The map I told you about is at 2 left, 3thd down. map.apple.com/systempreference

Linc Davis wrote:

Back up all data.

Go Library

• Linc Davis Level 10 Level 10 (159,645 points)

I'm not sure I understand your question. The screenshot shows the item I suggested you delete: com.apple.systempreferences.