Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subaru Outback 2014, how do I charge my iphone? I dont have car yet

Anyone know if the 2014 Outback has AC outlet, usb which works with iphone, etc?

I read somewhere you cant charge iphone in subaru?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 8:08 AM

13 replies

Sep 18, 2013 9:04 AM in response to tonefox

because someone on some board mentioned that you cant charge it, and several others came on and said yes, we know, weird, etc

it is a known issue is what i was seeing, if so, big problem for me, wont buy the car, 12 v is in cargo area and not convenient

i will find out, but i wouldnt be asking these questions if i hadnt seen that discussion

Sep 18, 2013 9:06 AM in response to Templeton Peck

no, not pointless, if someone here has a 2014 outback and knows, why else would i ask

sheesh

i went to a subaru message board also and asked

maybe i am stupid, but if figured the way to find out if an iphone has issues with a subaru would be to go to the iphone message board and subaru message board and see if anyone else had already experienced the issue

silly me

Nov 11, 2013 9:18 AM in response to brianfullen

I have a 2014 Subaru Legacy, and the USB port works on my wife's iPhone 4S but not on my iPhone 4S. Mine plays for about a minute or two and then stops working. The display reads "Check Device." It no longer charges once hooked up to the USB port once the Check Device display comes up. My wife's plays and charges fine.

The only serious difference between the two iPhones is that I have the version with 64GB of memory, and she has the 16GB version. Neither Apple nor Subaru will respond to questions about how to get the car and the iPhone to work together. So my advice is to hook it up and see if it works. Maybe yours will be fine. Maybe not. If not, there seems to be zero solution. Mine does work most of the time via Bluetooth, so there are options.

There is, however, an AC charger plug (like the old cigarette lighter plug) on the Legacy, and I'd bet there's also one on the Outback. That's a pretty basic necessity these days.

May 29, 2014 10:44 AM in response to randyaaaa

I have a 2014 Outback and an iPhone 4s. The USB cable that come with my iPhone does not work to charge my phone, but the USB cable that came with my Belkin Micro Power Adapter works fine. Their cable is also sturdier and I use it when I travel. It is hard to see the USB and the electric outlets inside the compartment between the seats, try feeling with your fingers.

Jun 30, 2015 6:08 PM in response to RimJournal

Just got a subaru impreza 2013 and by surprise the usb does not charge the my iphone 4s 16g. it works on bluetooth. I will try another cable but it is very weird...

How stupide is that to have a usb in the car but still using the lighter thing!!!

Did somebody try with iphone 5c (probably my futur phone...)

Thanks ( and no this not pointless please!)

Subaru Outback 2014, how do I charge my iphone? I dont have car yet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.