12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2015 5:58 PM by Vistaheadache
mr.bill Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Hello- Just downloaded latest version of iTunes, added a bunch of stations. Works well.

But how do I shuffle ALL the different 'stations'? I want to listen to a mix of all the different stations I've created, not just one at a time. The radio stinks if I can only listed to one station at a time.

Thanks.

• mr.bill Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

ok... looked all over... I don't think itunes radio shuffles... bummer

• Double-T Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Scream if you get an answer to this.  I love how I can shuffle all stations in Pandora, and even choose which stations to include in the shuffle.  Stinks if we can't do that in iTunes.

• bird66 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Yup - I was hoping for the same thing, but it's definitely not a feature. I've also noticed that not all of the genre specific stations have the "tune this station" feature. I created a station and tuned it to discovery, and I am hearing "hits' as far as I'm concerned. It also played the same song twice in the last 1/2 hour.

The interface on the iPhone is really nice, but it's horrible on in iTunes.

Apple has lots of kinks to work out still.

• mr.bill Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Thats a bummer. iTunes Radio definately does NOT shuffle stations. Does anyone have a work around? Not a very good feature without it.

• micj Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

100% agree about the need to shuffle in iTunes Radio.  I do that almost exclusively on Pandora.  Can listen for hours and hours and not get tired.  I've been listenting to my new artist generated radio and am strarting to tire of hearing the same style of music.  I hope this will be an added feature if future updates.

• Brian Leveille Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)

Agreed.

I just submitted an enhancement request to add an iTunes Radio Shuffle feature:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Perhaps if enough people submit the same request, they'll add the feature soon!

-BL

• jjones22 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

How they left a shuffle station feature out and expected to compete with Pandora is beyond me.

• bddres68 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Since there's no "Shuffle" feature yet what I did was I created a "mix" station. Start with any song, artist, or genre. Then edit this new station. There you can add all the Songs, Artists, and Genres you want to hear in your "mix." You can even edit the name of the station.

Is it as easy as Pandora? No. But it's a workaround for now I guess.

• Loho203 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I did the same thing, but once Radio starts streaming, it picks one of my artist seeds from that station, and sticks to that one. It doesn't seem to go to any of the other seeds. Did that happen to you? If not, what is the setting (I can't find one) to have it randomly choose a seed per song?

• jjones22 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here, I picked country music as the Genre for a station then added in a buch of reggae artists but it never plays them... just country.

• etronics6 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I did the feedback!  I agree everyone should do it! Maybe if enough peeps do it, they will do it faster... I am using Pandora exclusively because they DO have a shuffle!  I will not use iTunes Radio until they get a Shuffle feature...  I like to mix my music up with all Genre's.

Thanks Brian Leveille :-)

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

• Vistaheadache Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Well Apple Music is here and as far as I can tell, no station shuffle feature.  As anyone else found if one exists?

If they add this feature they will kill Pandora!  The sound quality is better and the music selection is much, much better.  But, I like to turn on station shuffle in my car and let it go without having to think or select something.