Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 imac graphic card recall program

I have exactly this coputer.2011 27 imac with amd radeon 6970M.serial number

ends DHJQ.it had all the distorted and flickering lines.after three weeks that the

distortion begin the coputer went dead and didnt boot at all.after i heard about

the graphic card recall progrem.i took the comuter to the Authorized Dealer in my country.they check the comuter and gave me bid for Replace the 6970m graphic

card.when i asked whay i am not Entitled to racall program they told me apple in london didnt confim them to replace the graphic card with in the recall.i called apple in london and asked why they didnt approve to replace the graphic card.the answer was that Because the comuter doesnt boot i am not entitled to the program.I was amazed i told him that the dealer Confirmed me that the problem is the graphic card.they gave me a bid to replace it.nothing help.if your

comuter does not boot you are not entiteled.

this is Ridiculous this recall program does Not worth anything.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?WHAT I SHOULD DO NOW?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 9:36 AM

12 replies

Sep 18, 2013 9:43 AM in response to Shay Koris

The details on the replacement program can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5167

If your iMac is not eligible per those terms, then there's nothing you can do. Just because a graphic card fails doesn't mean that it's covered by the replacement program Apple worked out with Nvidia. And if the computer doesn't boot at all due to an additional hardware problem, then the problem is indeed not with the graphics card, or at least not solely with the card, and hence would not be covered by the replacement program.

You can if you wish call Apple support and ask to speak with someone in Apple Customer Relations and discuss the problem with them and see if there's anything they can do, but if your iMac has failed beyond just the graphics card and your iMac is not covered under AppleCare, as I presume it is not, there may well be nothing they can do for you.

Regards.

Sep 18, 2013 10:09 AM in response to Shay Koris

If the system won't boot, as you said it will not, then there may be an additional failure. In any case, there's no point in arguing with me about it. I'm just a fellow user and have no way to influence Apple's decisions. Your only recourse, since the normal Apple Support has refused the warranty exception, is Apple Customer Relations.

Regards.

2011 imac graphic card recall program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.