Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get a link too the ios 7 download for the ipod touch 5g?

How do I get ios 7? like what is the link too it?

iOS 7, IOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 11:05 AM

4 replies

Sep 18, 2013 11:43 AM in response to Unrealbobby

Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB sync cable.

Step 2: By default, this will launch iTunes and start the sync process, which includes making a backup. However, if your iPhone isn't set to autosync, continue on to Step 3.

Step 3: Click the Summary button for your iPhone. Then, in the Backups section, click the Back Up Now button. Depending on how long it's been since your last backup, this might take 30 seconds or several minutes. Either way, that's it, you're done.

Update: Consider enabling encryption for this backup, which will carry over iOS "keychain" info (e-mail account passwords, Wi-Fi passwords, and various app/Web passwords) should you need to restore your iPhone. Just tick the box next to "Encrypt iPhone backup" before hitting step 3. And make sure to note the password you're using for the encrypted backup.

Back up to iCloud

Step 1: Make sure your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Step 2: Tap the Settings icon, then tap iCloud.

User uploaded file

Step 3: Tap Storage & Backup, then Back Up Now. Again, this might happen quickly, or it could take a while.

User uploaded file

That's all there is to it! Now you can go forth and install iOS 7

on an iPhone or iPad, visit Settings > General > Software Update. Here, you'll be able to download iOS 7. Quick and easy.

You can also download iOS 7 directly via iTunes by plugging in the device, clicking "Bob's Phone" (or whatever it is named) and then Check for Update. A prompt will pop up and ask for you to download the update. You'll be on your way.

It's important to note iOS 7 will only run on iPhone 4 and later devices, as well as the iPad 2, retina display iPad and fifth-generation iPod touch.

If you're not seeing an option to download, there's a good chance you don't have enough free space on your device — the download requires 3.0 GB of storage.

Can I get a link too the ios 7 download for the ipod touch 5g?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.