Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mercury Playback Engine not available on Macbook Pro Retina 15"

Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro Retina 15" with 16gb of RAM and a 500GB SSD, and am trying to enable Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Open CL) on a legitimate copy of Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. For some reason the selection for that option is shaded and stuck on Software Only. I have tried installing and enabling the nVIDIA CUDA driver but nothing has changed. How can I fix this? Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 11:08 AM

2 replies

Sep 18, 2013 11:33 AM in response to Flyingsheep

Looking at this, it doesn't seem that the Retina MacBook Pro's NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M is on the list. And the NVIDIA CUDA driver will give you nothing but heartache (a frequent source of kernel panics).

You might want to take your question to the Adobe Premiere discussion boad to see if there are any current 'workarounds' -> http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere.

Clinton

Mercury Playback Engine not available on Macbook Pro Retina 15"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.