Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud reverted to MobileMe in preferences panel and won't let me log in using Apple ID, anyone know why?

So I noticed a few days ago that my Mail app will no longer connect to my iCloud account. I thought that maybe I had disabled email in the iCloud preferences in system settings, so I decided to have a look in there. To my surprise, the iCloud icon is now labeled as MobileMe and when I try to sign in using my Apple ID, it won't let me. I thought at first that maybe iCloud was discontinued and replaced by the old service, but I can still sign onto http://www.icloud.com/ from my browser with the same username and password.

Does anyone know how this could have happened? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Here are a few screenshots I took to help illustrate my problem:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 11:11 AM

There are no replies.

iCloud reverted to MobileMe in preferences panel and won't let me log in using Apple ID, anyone know why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.