Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If you purchase songs on your iphone, then sync it to your computer, will all the songs you purchased on your phone be deleted and replaced by the songs in your itunes library?

I want to know, i have purchased many songs on my ipone, i want to sync it with my librady on itunes but i dont want all my song that i have purchased on my phone to get deleted. Can i sync without losing music on my phone? Will the songs tranfer to my library? I have purchased my songs through itunes on my phone.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 12:13 PM

First of all if you are really worried when you connect the phone to your computer go to the device summary page in iTunes and change to manually manage the device so that you are in control of what goes on to it.

A synch will transfer purchased items from device to computer and they are always available to re-download from 'the cloud'. Once you have the songs on your computer I do suggest that you burn them to CD or back them on to an external hard drive as sometimes items are withdrawn from iTunes so you can no longer re-download. Indeed the terms and conditions we are all accepting today with the IOS7 update specifies that it is our responsibility to back items up.

So as long as the songs you have already purchased are still available on iTunes, you can download them again should they disappear.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2013 12:13 PM in response to Barricade53

First of all if you are really worried when you connect the phone to your computer go to the device summary page in iTunes and change to manually manage the device so that you are in control of what goes on to it.

A synch will transfer purchased items from device to computer and they are always available to re-download from 'the cloud'. Once you have the songs on your computer I do suggest that you burn them to CD or back them on to an external hard drive as sometimes items are withdrawn from iTunes so you can no longer re-download. Indeed the terms and conditions we are all accepting today with the IOS7 update specifies that it is our responsibility to back items up.

So as long as the songs you have already purchased are still available on iTunes, you can download them again should they disappear.

If you purchase songs on your iphone, then sync it to your computer, will all the songs you purchased on your phone be deleted and replaced by the songs in your itunes library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.