Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get weather to show up in notification center in ios7

So this morning when I had ios 6 installed I could open up notifiactions and see the weekly forcast, etc. But now I try to do it and the weather doesn't show up. I can't figure out where to go to set this up. Can somebody help me? Or does notifications no longer do this?

iPhone 5, iOS 7, 32 GB

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 12:37 PM

39 replies

Aug 28, 2017 8:14 AM in response to Stephen Snyder1

I just solved the problem by installing the AccuWeather widget from the AppStore. Its free and its great on my iPad. After installing, I went to notifications, clicked Edit. I then added AccuWeather and dragged it to the top of my list of widgets. Now when i hit the dropdown its at the top. Touch it and it goes to a comprehensive forecast!

Great tool...

Sep 18, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Stephen Snyder1

On my personal device - I went to Settings > Notification Center, and I similarly don't see anything to addd weather specifically.

I know that in the "Today Summary" section at the top of notification center, mine tells me that it is partly cloudy and gives me the temperature, and tells me isolated showers tonight along with the temperatre.

So, trying making sure that in Settings > Notification Center you have "Today Summary" activated.

Sep 18, 2013 1:51 PM in response to Stephen Snyder1

I had the same problem. after upgrading to ios7 I had no weather in notification center.

In settings >> notification center uner 'Today View' I only had'Next Destination' and 'Calendar View'.

Rebooting the iPhone cured the issue.

Weather showed in notificiation center as did reminders, that also weren't showing previously.

Now in 'Setting >> Notification Center Today View' are options for 'Today Summary', 'Next Destination', Calendar Day View', 'Reminders', 'Stocks', 'Tomorrow Summary'. Still nothing for Weather but it does show now.

It would be nice for a little graphic, or at the least the current temp and a few days forecast like the old one.

It would also be nice for an options to show weather on the lock screen.

Sep 19, 2013 3:20 AM in response to Stephen Snyder1

When I first installed iOS 7 I wasn't getting the weather in Notifications either. And curiously, the weather app had somehow disappeared from my iPhone: the native one that we supposedly can't even delete anyway? Couldn't find it.

I went to the App Store and downloaded Yahoo's free weather app. After doing that, suddenly the other app reappeared, and weather notifications were appearing properly.

Mind you, I have no idea if the App Store download is what actually fixed the problem. It was one of those "try everything oh hey now it's working I wonder what actually made a difference or was I just looking in the wrong place from the start" things.

How to get weather to show up in notification center in ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.