Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change iCloud Apple ID on iPhone using iOS7

Hi all,

I can't change the Apple ID (which is an old one, I've changed my Apple ID primary email address ages ago) in the iCloud settings on the iPhone. If I try and delete the account which a number of threads suggest (Settings -> iCloud -> Delete Account), it says I can't because Find My Iphone is on. And it always says the 'Apple ID or password is incorrect' - of course it is - it's the wrong Apple ID email address.

Seem a bit stuck here.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 12:45 PM

2 replies

Sep 20, 2013 5:26 AM in response to THEcheesewire

Unfortunately, that doesn't help. Thanks for trying though - you can log into iCloud.com with the correct email and password. You can't log in with the old email address and any password (or reset the password) - there is no apple ID on the old email address.

And the phone is locked to a particular ID.

The only solution I found to this was as follows (fortunately I still have access to the old email address):

1) Move my apple ID back to the old email address.

2) Turn off Find My iPhone on the phone with the old email and password which will now work.

3) Move my apple ID back to the new email address.

4) Delete the iCloud account on the phone (will now allow delete as find my iphone isn't on).

5) Add the iCloud back again with the correct apple ID email and password.

And this keeps all your stuff in the cloud too. Hope this helps someone with the terrible iOS 7 bug.

Can't change iCloud Apple ID on iPhone using iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.