Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't swipe up to get control center

just installed ios7 and I can't swipe up for control center ??

I can swipe down and get notifications but nothing happens when I swipe up.

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 1:03 PM

18 replies

Sep 21, 2013 4:54 AM in response to lakejamesboatguy

Swipe up worked the 1st time but then nothing. Then very inconsistent; usually requiring more than 7 attempts. Swiping down and sideways works fine. I suspected the sensor for swiping up is too low for my Griffin Survivor case. Removed case and swipe up worked fine. Replaced case and I have better success (usually within 2 attempts) if I start swipe up on the case with some pressure.

Hopefully an update can raise the sensor for swiping up higher. Or maybe option to press home button 3 times to get to control center. Ooops, looks like 3 times on home button is already taken (zoom [which] seems to do nothing and assistive touch options). Let's hope for an update.

This just in: It also seems to respond better if I turn the phone sideways and swipe. So it's more complicated than the sensor not being high enough. So I tried swiping in normal position with my non-thumb fingers and it works about 80% of the time starting swipe from case with no extra pressure. Maybe 5-year old thumbs don't have a problem 😝

Oct 10, 2013 7:00 PM in response to PurdyApp

This was a poor design in the programing in my opinion. Mine won't work, either. But my sound also fried when I updated to iOS7.

The sucky thing is that the control thing is the only way to access the built-in flashlight--which I really liked.

It will work about 1 out of 10 tries without the case, but with it--just plain will not work.

Any of you having your sound not work unless a cord was plugged into the dock area? Darn thing won't even ring unless I leave it plugged in or wear my bluetooth

Jul 14, 2015 1:31 AM in response to lakejamesboatguy

I had exactly the same problem. It worked again when I restarted the phone but only lasted an hour at which point I had to reboot again. On another discussion forum, someone suggested turning off the zoom function (Settings >> General >> Accessibility >> Zoom). I tried this and it worked immediately. I had only turned on the Zoom recently and I never had the swipe problem before that so I'm certain that this is the cause (and solution). Annoying because I love the zoom function as it's great for photos and magnifying my IP Camera images. Hopefully Apple will fix this soon, it's obviously a software problem. If you really want to keep the zoom, you can still have the swipe up function but it will only work from the locked screen, i.e. press the sleep/wake button at the top then the home button.

can't swipe up to get control center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.