Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my iCloud email in iOS 7?

I just installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5. My iCloud account used to be linked to an old email address, I had changed it to the new email address long before updating to iOS 7 and everything worked great. Now on iOS 7, it's displaying the old email for whatever reason, which I obviously can't use to log in anymore. I also can't seem to type in my current email.

Is there any way to get around this?

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 1:04 PM

133 replies

Jan 10, 2017 8:42 AM in response to Kelsey F

I am experiencing this same issue but now for the most recent iOS 10(?). I have iPhone, iPad, and MB Pro all supposedly tied into this new Apply ID. Settings, iCloud, Preferences doe not allow me to delete the old email account without backing up the iCloud to my MacBook. This has been ongoing for three days now. I am not tech savvy, but need to get this resolved immediately prior to departing for a business trip. I am not tech savvy, but need to get this resolved immediately prior to departing for a business trip.

Jan 10, 2017 11:02 AM in response to fhashby

OK, so need to understand what you are wanting to do.

Did you change your Apple ID, or set up a brand new Apple Account (this is a critical question)?

When you say that you cannot sign out the old iCloud account without backing up iCloud to your Macbook, what exactly, is the message you are getting that makes you think this?

Are you just trying to sign out of a previous iCloud account on your devices and your Mac?

Cheers,

GB

Sep 18, 2013 1:44 PM in response to Kelsey F

After setting up your phone, to change your iCloud ID you have to go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with the new ID. This deletes the account and your iCloud data from your device, but not from iCloud. Provided you are signing back into the same account, your iCloud data will reappear on your device when you sign back in. However, with iOS 7 you will have to provide the password for the existing (old) account in order to delete it. If you don't know the password, I'm not sure what you're supposed to do, other than contacting Apple support.

To avoid losing photo stream photos, save them to your camera roll (if not already there) before deleting the account. To do this, open your my photo stream album, tap Edit, tap the photos, tap Share, then tap Save to Camera Roll.

Sep 18, 2013 2:20 PM in response to randers4

Worked great, thank you so much!

I had a little bit of an issue with Find My iPhone, because it wouldn't turn off unless I could enter my password. I got around that by selected the other option when it asked whether to keep my iCloud data on the phone or delete it (I can't remember which one I picked, so if you have this issue too, try picking the other option). Afterwards, I just logged back in with the right email.

Sep 18, 2013 2:25 PM in response to DopeFreshnesss

DopeFreshnesss wrote:

Same thing happened to me except IOS 7 changed my iCoud ID into a email that I never made. So I obviously don't know the password. And I can't change the iCloud account ID into my correct one. And I can't delete the iCloud account without entering the password, WHICH I DON'T KNOW! It's crazy

You might try resetting the password for the old ID, as explained here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5787.

Sep 18, 2013 3:22 PM in response to Kelsey F

I had the same problem as I had changed my email for my apple id but the icloud still had my old email.

Only way round it for me was to login to my apple account and change my email back to my old email which I then had to verfiy.

Then my password worked when trying to disable find my phone.

I then deleted my icloud account ( Under settings - Icloud )

Then changed my email back to my new email account - verfiy again - then the login worked.

A lot of hassel but this seemed to work for me

Login for Mange apple id https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

Can I change my iCloud email in iOS 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.